SEVERAL FIRST NATIONS COMMUNITIES IN CANADA HAVE DISCOVERED THE LONG-TERM BENEFITS OF TRAINING AND EMPLOYING THEIR OWN EMERGENCY MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS.
Emergency medical workers are immediately needed in mining, oil and gas among other resource-based industries that take place on First Nations or crown land, as companies explore and develop resources across the country.
As you know, many resource rich properties are part of First Nations interests, representing an opportunity for you to benefit by sharing jobs and prosperity that come with the harvesting of those resources. An easy way to access benefits for your community right away is to provide first aid medical services to companies operating on your land.
A simple way for First Nations members to begin is by taking a Level 3 first aid certificate course, which requires 2-3 weeks of training. This certification, combined with a full size pickup truck and a Tufport Medical Mobile Treatment Center (MTC) fulfill the accepted industry standard of care in the field in British Columbia. WorkSafeBC requires full emergency medical care on every operating site, of which there are thousands. This seemingly endless opportunity should not be missed.
The same MTC’s that serve job sites can also be used in the community to serve your families. Communities who decide to take advantage of this opportunity, quickly see how superior it is to have their own people looking after their needs, rather than hiring outside contractors.
Other benefits include:
- A skilled, well trained workforce that continues to invest both their time and resources in their community. Working in the oil and gas industry, first aid medical workers can expect to make a substantial base salary, plus receive bonuses, meal allowances, and benefits.
- The medical units and staff are local and onsite, so there is little waiting time when they are needed.
- A legacy of professionals who encourage and mentor young people interested in pursuing careers in the medical profession.
- Excellent job prospects that extend beyond your community, including the opportunity to work with multinational companies, across the globe, that do business with you.
- The opportunity to serve those you are closest to and care about the most.
- Career advancement, including the opportunity to eventually become a Paramedic or Nurse.
- Awareness of a healthier lifestyle.
Start your community safety program off right with a Tufport Medical Mobile Treatment Center.
Contact us now to learn more and get a price quote!